RibLoc Rib Fracture Plating System
ACUTE Innovations has designed a comprehensive system of implants and instruments specifically designed to fit the ribs anatomy. The RibLoc Rib Fracture Plating System addresses flail chest, acute fractures, chest wall deformities, and rib fracture non unions.
- Studies have shown that stabilizing rib fractures reduce Intubation time, ICU stay, hospital length of stay, hospital costs, and complications such as pneumonia (see sources-Tanaka et all, Bulger et all, Nirula et all).
- Results from a biomechanical comparison proved that RibLoc (4.6cm & 4 screws) retained superior stability with only a 2% loss of stiffness compared to a 10% loss of stiffness with standard (10cm & 6 screw) anterior plate (see source- Sales et all).
AcuTie Sternal Closure System
The AcuTie® Sternum Closure System's revolutionary design encompasses the simplicity of standard wire cerclage while providing increased compression and stability in multiple planes.
- Distributes load, reducing risk of tear through and dehiscence
- Minimizes risk of wire breakage or untwisting
- Increases stability in all planes of motion
- Decreases risk of patient discomfort through its low profile design (21.6mm long, 2.5mm high)
BioBridge Chest Wall Reconstruction Plate
The BioBridge® Resorbable Chest Wall Stabilization Plate is the only resorbable plate specifically designed with the chest wall in mind. The plate's polylactide acid blend offers strength that exceeds typical chest wall loading and a resorption time that exceeds typically rib healing time. The mixture of 70% L-lactide and 30% DL-lactide is fully metabolized within 18-24 months through hydrolysis.
- Flexible to match the curvature of the rib
- Easily customize the plate by stacking or trimming it
- Plates strength withstands the forces of the body while allowing a semi-rigid fixation
About ACUTE Innovations
ACUTE Innovations® looks to position itself as a leader in the medical device field by providing innovative product solutions to surgeons and their patients for challenging thoracic procedures.
Mon. May 20th – Wed. May 22nd, 2013
Fri. Jun 21st – Fri. Jun 21st, 2013JOIN US for an educational event and hands on cadaver training
Tue. Jun 25th – Fri. Jun 28th, 2013
Wed. Jun 26th – Sat. Jun 29th, 2013
Wed. Sep 18th – Sat. Sep 21st, 2013
RibLoc® Case Studies
Displaced Rib Fracture with Hemothorax
Rib Fracture with Nerve Entrapment
Posterior Rib Fracture Non-Unions